The Information We Collect
We also may collect, store and use certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows Vista or Mac OS X) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, Earthlink). In addition, we aggregate data from multiple users in a manner that is not personally identifiable and use such data as we deem appropriate.
How We Use the Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties for their commercial use. We share personally identifiable customer information with unaffiliated third parties only as described herein.
- Agents: We employ or may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples of such functions include removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), and providing customer service. These companies and individuals have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Offers: We may send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. If we do this, we will not give that business your name and address.
- Protection of our Website and Others: We reserve the right to release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or safety of this company, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to monitor user traffic patterns, analyze and quantify user preferences, improve the design and content of our Website, and enable us to personalize your user experience. All such usage data shall be the exclusive property of this Website.
We may on occasion combine information we receive online with outside records to enhance our ability to market to you those products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have signed up to receive our emails and prefer not to receive marketing information from this Website, please follow the "unsubscribe" instructions provided on any marketing email you receive from this Website.
Finally, this Website will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses.
Corrections to Personal Information
If at any time you wish to change, correct or update the personally identifiable information submitted to InternetSafety, or have it removed from our database, you may do so by submitting a request by mail to 3979 S. Main Street, Suite 230 Acworth, Georgia 30101 USA or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies & Web Beacons
To enhance your experience with our Website, many of our web pages use "cookies." Cookies are text files we place in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at our Website. However, once you choose to furnish our Website with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
"Web beacons" or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons or similar technology can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons or similar technology on this Website from time to time for this and other purposes.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites, Ad Servers, and Sponsors
Our Website may contain links to other websites whose information practices may be different than ours. While visiting this Website, you may link to another website via a window opened within (or on top of) our Website. Our privacy policies and procedures may or may not be consistent with the policies and procedures of other websites you visit while here. Users should consult, read and understand any other website's privacy notices before choosing to provide personally identifiable data on such linked website as our privacy policies and treatment of your data does not apply and we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
This Website sometimes may offer products, services or content (e.g., promotions) that are sponsored by or cobranded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties typically have access to the personally identifiable information that you submit, if any, in connection with that offering in order to participate in such particular Website activity. InternetSafety and its affiliates have no control over these third parties' use of this information. This Website will notify you at the time of requesting personally identifiable information if these third parties will obtain such information.
Our Website may include links to the sites of other companies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of unaffiliated third parties. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
Our Commitment to Security
We have put in place what we believe to be reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the personally identifiable information we collect and help prevent unauthorized access and use of such data.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. To assist in keeping your personal information safe, you must use an SSL-enabled browser (i.e., Internet Explorer).
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Additionally, change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
InternetSafety does not knowingly solicit data from children or knowingly market to children. InternetSafety is concerned about the safety of children and their use of the Internet. Therefore, we do not knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is reasonably practical.
Access to and use of this Website is subject to compliance with this Website's Terms and Conditions of Use.
How to Contact Us
Updates & Effective Date