New Safe Eyes Internet Filter for Mac Strengthens Web Control Powers for Parents: The Only Internet Filter Software Usable in Mixed Mac/PC Households
ATLANTA, Jan. 14, 2008 — Safe Eyes™, the award-winning parental control software and internet filter from InternetSafety.com, today announced a new Mac version that adds key child protection powers for parents as well as new enhancements designed specifically for Mac users. The new Safe Eyes 3.0 internet filter for Mac is currently available for download at www.internetsafety.com.
Safe Eyes internet filter is the only program of its kind that can be used in mixed Mac/PC households, with a single annual subscription covering up to three Mac and/or PC computers. The software provides broader controls than those available from any other filtering product or the Mac OS itself, including the ability to define which websites will be blocked by category, URL and keyword; receive instant alerts about inappropriate online behavior by email, text message or phone call; and remotely change program settings or view reports from any Internet filter-enabled computer.
Safe Eyes 3.0 internet filter for Mac adds a number of features previously available only in the PC version, including:
- Time Limits - Limit time spent online, allocate specific blocks of time for Internet access, and/or grant permission to connect by the day of the week.
- Instant Messaging Blocking - Block all IM chats, or block select IM programs at your discretion, to help protect against predators.
- Internet Filter Program Blocking - Block objectionable games, peer-to-peer file sharing programs that may expose children to dangerous media files, or any other unwanted program by name.
Other new internet filter features include:
- At-a-Glance Reports - Use the internet filter to see which websites and pages children have visited, which blocked sites they have tried to access, and which programs they have used with a new easy-use viewer.
- Mac-Style User Interface - A new Mac look and feel simplifies use for Mac owners. If you have PCs in the house, you can download the Windows version of the internet filter at no extra cost.
- Leopard OS Support - Safe Eyes internet filter for Mac now works on OS X Tiger 10.4, Leopard 10.5 or later.
“More and more parents are recognizing the need to manage how their children use the Internet, but the choices are limited for Mac users and particularly those who have both Macs and PCs in the house,” said InternetSafety.com CTO Aaron Kenny. “Our new Mac edition of our internet filter offers more robust controls than any other Mac solution and continues to be the only parental control software that combines Mac and PC support. That’s important because over one-third of our Mac customers use our internet filter on both platforms.”
A $49.95 annual subscription to Safe Eyes 3.0 internet filter for Mac can be used on up to three Mac and/or PC computers, with the ability to create individual user profiles that can be enforced on any machine. A subscription includes an online user manual plus daily updates to the internet filter’s website blacklist, eliminating the need for parents to continually update a local database.
Established in 1999, InternetSafety.com specializes in providing Internet filter and safety solutions. Its flagship software, Safe Eyes, is the two-time recipient of the PC Magazine Editors’ Choice Award and was rated as the #1 parental control solution by America’s leading consumer advocacy publication. Safe Eyes and EtherShield - the suite of Internet filtering solutions developed by InternetSafety.com - are providing online protection for PCs and Macs in homes, businesses and schools across more than 125 countries.